Did you know you can reduce your carbon footprint in so many ways. One way is to launder your clothes in an environmentally friendly way.
We've put together 10 eco friendly laundry tips that are easy to put in place, it's just about changing our habits.
- Use eco friendly detergents that are kind to our planet. Do your research and find out what ingredients you need to look for when you purchase your laundry products.
- Consider saving up for one large washing load rather than several smaller ones.
- If not necessary don't use a dryer - by implementing this practice you'll be reducing the amount of electricity you are using. So hang your clothes on the line instead, they'll also last longer!
- Using an efficient washing machine is pretty self explanatory. If and when you update your machine look for the Energy star rating.
- Wash your clothes in cold water, you'll be surprised at the results!
- Consider washing your clothes by hand if they are not overly dirty. This will also increase the lifespan of your clothing.
- Consider also the idea of hanging out clothes that have been worn once to air rather than wash prior to another wear.
- Don't iron if you don't have to as this uses electricity.
- Don't dry-clean, the chemicals are harmful and its better to wash and line dry your clothing.
- Treasure your clothes, wear them at least 30 times, pass them down, mend or donate to charity.
Join our eco-friendly community and get $20 off your first order.