We've put together 10 eco friendly laundry tips to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Use eco friendly detergents that are kind to our planet. Do your research and find out what ingredients you need to look for when you purchase your laundry products.
- Consider saving up for one large washing load rather than several smaller ones.
- If not necessary don't use a dryer - by implementing this practice you'll be reducing the amount of electricity you are using. So hang your clothes on the line instead, they'll also last longer!
- Using an efficient washing machine is pretty self explanatory. If and when you update your machine look for the Energy star rating.
- Wash your clothes in cold water, you'll be surprised at the results!
- Consider washing your clothes by hand if they are not overly dirty. This will also increase the lifespan of your clothing.
- Consider also the idea of hanging out clothes that have been worn once to air rather than wash prior to another wear.
- Don't iron if you don't have to as this uses electricity.
- Don't dryclean, the chemicals are harmful and its better to wash and line dry your clothing.
- Treasure your clothes, wear them at least 30 times, pass them down, mend or donate to charity.
Join our eco-friendly community for 20% off your first order.